+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: $#@! Jerry Jones

asshat BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn's Avatar
    You cowboy fans are an ungrateful bunch of $#@!s. How many GM's have 3 superbowl rings? How many rings does Jimmy/Parcells have? He even won with out a real head coach. Who went out and found Romo, face of the franchise? Jerry that's who. Who knew about Murry or Sean Lee, before Jerry? Nobody. Who was smart enough to sign Robinson after he got cut? Jerry. Who brung Primetime to Dallas?

If it wasn't for Mr Jerry Jones, you guys would still be playing in that old ass stadium, drinking coke. Jerry got you a new stadium and Pepsi!

And after all that, you still complain. A few down years and you're ready to kill the golden pig. Maybe, instead of complaining/threatening Jerry, you should send him an encouraging note. Let him know you still believe. Lift his spirits. How do you think he feels today?

Buncha ungrateful, selfish brats...

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrothaHorn View Post
    You cowboy fans are an ungrateful bunch of $#@!s. How many GM's have 3 superbowl rings? How many rings does Jimmy/Parcells have? He even won with out a real head coach. Who went out and found Romo, face of the franchise? Jerry that's who. Who knew about Murry or Sean Lee, before Jerry? Nobody. Who was smart enough to sign Robinson after he got cut? Jerry. Who brung Primetime to Dallas?

If it wasn't for Mr Jerry Jones, you guys would still be playing in that old ass stadium, drinking coke. Jerry got you a new stadium and Pepsi!

And after all that, you still complain. A few down years and you're ready to kill the golden pig. Maybe, instead of complaining/threatening Jerry, you should send him an encouraging note. Let him know you still believe. Lift his spirits. How do you think he feels today?

Gagree with all this. Not many GMs in the NFL have less playoff success in the past 16 years than Seattle and Arizona. We should be happy with what we have.

asshat Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101 Shaggy Gold Club Lhorns101's Avatar

$#@! you.

bunghole Mack is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    The biggest thing that pisses me off about Jerry is that I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a $#@! if the fans are happy with him. As long as they fill that quiet $#@!ing museum of a stadium that he built then they can just shut the hell up and be happy with his decisions. He's a prideful bastard and he needs to die.

asshat Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.

the sarcasm is strong in this one.

asshat BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BrothaHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Gagree with all this. Not many GMs in the NFL have less playoff success in the past 16 years than Seattle and Arizona. We should be happy with what we have.
    A JJ team has never lost a Super Bowl. Nobody was complaining, when they were going to victory parades and getting into gang fights.

asshat TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL Shaggy Gold Club TornACL's Avatar
    We need to bring back the White House.

A JJ team has never lost a Super Bowl. Nobody was complaining, when they were going to victory parades and getting into gang fights.
    And by JJ you mean Jimmy Johnson right?

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard's Avatar
    Where the high water mark of the 60's crashed ashore
    Yeah, pretty sure those were all teams Jimmy Johnson put together. Not Jerry Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    And by JJ you mean Jimmy Johnson right?
    Quote Originally Posted by OnBoard View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure those were all teams Jimmy Johnson put together. Not Jerry Jones.
    And what bright football mind brought Jimmy to Dallas? Remember all the head scratching and WTF's after Jerry fired Landry and brought in a college coach? Without Jerry there is no Jimmy. Jerry was the one that put things together, Jimmy was just living the glow. What happened when Jerry fired Jimmy? Super Bowl #3, that's what. How did Miami work out for Jimmy?

asshat Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Horn80's Avatar
    the title of this thread sums it up for me.

And what bright football mind brought Jimmy to Dallas? Remember all the head scratching and WTF's after Jerry fired Landry and brought in a college coach? Without Jerry there is no Jimmy. Jerry was the one that put things together, Jimmy was just living the glow. What happened when Jerry fired Jimmy? Super Bowl #3, that's what. How did Miami work out for Jimmy?
    I'm so glad the JJ's killed my love for Dallas. When Troy and Emmitt retired, I just quit caring. It has saved me 15 years of misery. The thing that bugged me the most about those 2 ass clowns is how little appreciation they had for how fortunate they were. They arrived to find a franchise quarterback in Aikman, perhaps the most accurate QB in the history of the NFL. They did some smart things, but you have to have some luck for things to come together the way they did. Neither one of them appreciated it. They both thought they were so smart they could recreate it with no problem, and their egos were so big they didn't even want to share the credit. It was fun to watch them both fail as they went their separate ways, and the football gods quit smiling on them. Jerry Jones will never have success in Dallas until he fires himself.
    Last edited by JMHammer; 01-02-2012 at 04:06 PM.

And what bright football mind brought Jimmy to Dallas?
    He hired one of his old teammates and best friends. He (Johnson) wasn't exactly God's Gift to coaching at that point. He ended up getting lucky with his nepotism and then screwing it up with his stupid over-managing. He then hired another old friend of his in Barry Switzer. Any credit given with his lucky first hire has long been used up for almost 20 years.

Plus, nobody is bitching about his ownership. It's his GM (in)ability that pisses Cowboy fans off. A caller on The Ticket summed it up perfectly as I was driving out of Dallas. How long would Jerry Jones last as a GM if working for Jerry Jones the owner? Maybe, 2 years.

asshat OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard Shaggy Gold Club OnBoard's Avatar
    Jimmy Jones made lightening strike with the Herschel Walker trade, not Jerry Jones he wrote the check.
    Jerry did bring him in so he gets cere for that, but there are many owners who have had good coaches and stayed out of the way and didnt $#@! things up. They wrote checks.
    Jimmy Jones teams won super bowls for Jerry Jones after he left. Taking the reigns to that talent laden team wasn't hard.

Do you really think Jimmy Jones would allow the slack jaw play of this team ? $#@! no. He was the coach, he created the wins, not Jerry Jones. He writes checks, Thats what owners do. They create an atmosphere thats conducive to success for their organizations....writing checks and letting the football people do what they do.

Jerry Jones is definitely a man who has taken the Cowboys to a new level but his $#@!ing ego ran off a coach who could have won 2 or maybe even 3 more super bowls.

fucktard sanangelo is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Jimmy Jones made...
    Jimmy Jones teams won super bowls...
    Do you really think Jimmy Jones would allow the slack jaw play of this team ?
    Who is this Jimmy Jones? Does he still coach? Maybe Jerry can find him again. LOL

I quit the $#@!ers when Tom Landry got the dong from the arkie $#@!. I have saved myself a lot of misery.

Banned don't ban me bro If you're this low, you're probably Derka. don't ban me bro If you're this low, you're probably Derka. don't ban me bro If you're this low, you're probably Derka.
    lets make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by don't ban me bro View Post
    lets make it happen.

I take it you post on cowboyszone.com. I saw that over there today and laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by sanangelo View Post
    Who is this Jimmy Jones? Does he still coach? Maybe Jerry can find him again. LOL
    That man doesn't exist anymore.............

asshat Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21 Shaggy Gold Club Murfdogg21's Avatar
    281, MY WAY OF SHOWING LOVE TO THE FOLKS BACK HOME
    Quote Originally Posted by erniefromclass View Post
    It's real weird to be a Cowboys fan. What other fan bases hate their owner or gm? I $#@!ing despise Jerry jones.
    You weren't an Astros fan if you didn't hate Drayton and Tim Pupura.

All good and well to complain about Jones...really it's at the time of their decline that our horns took the spotlight.

I'm happy to have one football team to pull for. And yes, once Jerry is gone, it'll be nice to have two again.

Quote Originally Posted by Horns Up View Post
    Though I hate aggy last I checked Jerry was a goddamn mother$#@! arky piggy son of a bitch along with Jimmy Johnson.
    I was referring to Bum Bright, the aggy who sold the franchise to Jones in the first place.

asshat Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Drunken Mule's Avatar
    Cowgirls will be $#@! until that $#@! dies. He doesn't understand that his sideline roaming behavior and retarded public displays undermine the team morale.

The men on the field see a total usurpation of the chain of command and respond with apathetic play because they don't know who's in charge on the field of battle. Garrett should resign- working for a fascist like Jones will destroy his career (if it hasn't already).

Quote Originally Posted by don't ban me bro View Post
    lets make it happen.

Nobody will see it. They don't open the roof.

Jerrah can sell the $#@! outta some papa johns though!!

Jerry Jones, the George Steinbrenner of the 21st century........................
    Stienbrenner won championships. Jimmy Johnson was the one that built those super bowl teams. $#@!ing jj will never get he is the common denominator in this entire scenario. It won't matter what coaches or players the Cowboys have as long as that Botox faced $#@! is running the circus. And this sucks for those of us that are life long Cowboy fans and knows what the team means to the Metroplex. Which sucks even worse when the boys are in the toilet.

Hear hear!

asshat Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    Anyone else notice that game commentators never mention JJ as one of the Cowboys' problems, despite the fact that he is the one constant?

I don't know what's bigger Jerryworld or Jerry's ego

Banned don't ban me bro If you're this low, you're probably Derka. don't ban me bro If you're this low, you're probably Derka. don't ban me bro If you're this low, you're probably Derka.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1010wins View Post
    I don't know what's bigger Jerryworld or Jerry's ego
    the only thing bigger than that son of a bitch's ego is his evil wife's hair.

asshat mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost GORN mdmost's Avatar
    Stole this off the Observer:

Cowboys, believe it or not, have talent in place. Quarterback, tailback, wide receivers, tight end, defensive line, Sean Lee...can the Cowboys shore up their secondary without firing Dave Campo? I think they are a few defenders and a few offensive linemen away from a solid roster from top to bottom. Not too many teams can say that they are solid at all positions on the field. Am I crazy for thinking that Sean Payton will be back in the Cowboys organization, or do I have a false confidence because he has a home in Westlake?

Shaggy OOTP Commissioner Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry GORN Huckleberry's Avatar

Space Cadet RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO has a gigantic e-peen. RamjetFDO's Avatar
    Boarding the VIP private Space Ark to leave this pathetic little rock.
    We could only hope...

Dallas Cowboys Release Jerry Jones

IRVING, TEXAS—In an attempt to cut the franchise's losses and "move forward in a positive direction," the Dallas Cowboys severed ties with controversial owner Jerry Jones Monday, ending their tumultuous 20-year relationship with the divisive figure.

According to sources within the Cowboys organization, the decision to release Jones was influenced by the lack of any playoff victories in more than 12 years, the owner's distracting sideline antics, and his selfish, "me first" attitude, which many said was having a cancerous effect on the clubhouse.
    Yay for The Onion!

asshat Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob slams and goes hard. Bundaberg Bob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
    Just feels like the league is passing us Cowboys fans by. All the great players everywhere and fans look like they are enjoying the $#@! out of it. They even have hope of winning playoff games and Superbowls. Teams like the Panthers are excited about their future. Cowboys fans are......................................ARRRRRRRR RRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMNITTT!!!!!!!!
    This...I $#@!ing love the NFL. It is such a great league, and yet I haven't been able to genuinely get behind the Cowboys in 15 years. I was such a huge fan of the 80's and 90's teams, I loved those guys and it $#@!ing hurt when they went 1-15 or when they would lose to San Fran in the Playoffs. Every Sunday I would get hype to watch Michael, Troy, and Emmitt...these days I only to seem to watch them when it is convenient.

I don't know when I started to not really give a $#@!, I guess it's something that has just eroded over time, but I remember watching the first Giants game this year and finally realizing that a Cowboys loss really doesn't piss me off that much any more. My emotional ties to this franchise are almost gone. I simply don't give a $#@! about anyone on this team and almost get more enjoyment from watching Jerry suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Murfdogg21 View Post
    You weren't an Astros fan if you didn't hate Drayton and Tim Pupura.
    holler.

Quote Originally Posted by chaz95 View Post
    Cowboys, believe it or not, have talent in place. Quarterback, tailback, wide receivers, tight end, defensive line, Sean Lee...can the Cowboys shore up their secondary without firing Dave Campo? I think they are a few defenders and a few offensive linemen away from a solid roster from top to bottom. Not too many teams can say that they are solid at all positions on the field. Am I crazy for thinking that Sean Payton will be back in the Cowboys organization, or do I have a false confidence because he has a home in Westlake?
    The Cowboys deficiency in the secondary and on the offensive line were significant. They are who we thought they were.

And as a refugee Redskin fan, I love Jerrah for comic relief and drama. That being said, I'll trade Daniel for Jerrah.
    Last edited by Eskimohorn; 01-03-2012 at 10:36 AM.

asshat msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. msbesq can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    If he were smart, he would call Bill Polian today and ask him to at least be a consultant for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimohorn View Post
    The Cowboys deficiency in the secondary and on the offensive line were significant. They are who we thought they were.

And as a refugee Redskin fan, I love Jerrah for comic relief and drama. That being said, I'll trade Daniel for Jerrah.
    i concur...those deficiencies were consistently significant. cowboys were still in a position to win in the 4th until Scandrick plays cornerback like he played Rusty Trombone on that jump ball on 3rd down against Cruz. All i could do was shrug...

DERPTY DERP DERRP ACK!! MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horns Up View Post
    Though I hate aggy last I checked Jerry was a goddamn mother$#@! arky piggy son of a bitch along with Jimmy Johnson.

a aggy sold the mother$#@! arky $#@!sucker the team.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Stole this off the Observer:

Sums it up, but this $#@! will be back flapping his gums next year, the only positive of the Cowboys' suck lately is that he is not getting commercials to pimp $#@!ty pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by chaz95 View Post
    lol. Why would Sean Payton leave the Saints, who have 5 times the talent of the Cowboys and where he already has a Superbowl ring which earns him a pass with fans, to come coach a weaker Cowboys team with a meddling owner, and a fanbase that will shred him for not winning with that current crop of failures?

That would suggest that he does not have the answers, which he does have the answers according to jj for what will get the boys back to the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by msbesq View Post
    If he were smart, he would call Bill Polian today and ask him to at least be a consultant for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-ex2010 View Post
    That would suggest that he does not have the answers, which he does have the answers according to jj for what will get the boys back to the SB.
    What ? He gonna buy the team tickets to the game ? That's about the only way that team will ever get back to that game given the current atmosphere ......

asshat pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo's Avatar
    Jimmy Jones made lightening strike with the Herschel Walker trade, not Jerry Jones he wrote the check.
    Jerry did bring him in so he gets cere for that, but there are many owners who have had good coaches and stayed out of the way and didnt $#@! things up. They wrote checks.
    Jimmy Jones teams won super bowls for Jerry Jones after he left. Taking the reigns to that talent laden team wasn't hard.

Do you really think Jimmy Jones would allow the slack jaw play of this team ? $#@! no. He was the coach, he created the wins, not Jerry Jones. He writes checks, Thats what owners do. They create an atmosphere thats conducive to success for their organizations....writing checks and letting the football people do what they do.

Jerry Jones is definitely a man who has taken the Cowboys to a new level but his $#@!ing ego ran off a coach who could have won 2 or maybe even 3 more super bowls.
    It's Johnson, but other than that I agree 100%. Also, that team was put together before the salary cap.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...iving-gm-title

Jerry Jones, the NFL's only owner/general manager, won't even consider changing the structure of the Dallas Cowboys' front office, despite the fact that disappointing seasons have been the norm since the franchise's mid-1990s dynasty died.

"The facts are that I've spent 22 years doing this exactly the same way," Jones said Tuesday on KRLD-FM. "I've made a lot of changes from year to year as time goes along, but frankly, I know that when we do not have the kind of success, when we don't have expectations lived up to, the one that should get the most heat is the one that ultimately makes the decisions, period, with the Dallas Cowboys. And that's me."

Jones dismissed the idea of hiring a general manager from outside the organization, such as Bill Polian after the Indianapolis Colts fired the architect of their Super Bowl team. Jones emphasized that he uses information from many different sources to make football decisions.

In Jones' mind, adding a general manager to the payroll would clutter the decision-making process, not improve it.

The thing you've got to realize is that when you have an owner that is full-time as the owner, then you create a situation where you have as much turnover at GM as you do at the coaching level," Jones said. "And I think that just deters from the mix."

The Cowboys have had six coaches, one general manager and one playoff win in the last 15 seasons.

The Cowboys just completed an 8-8 season in which they beat only one team that finished .500 or better. But Jones believes his team was talented enough to make a playoff run, and he's pleased with the coaching.

"More often than not, when you're in the kind of shape we are statistically, you're doing better in the playoffs," Jones said.

asshat Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.
    Dallas has now missed the playoffs in three of the past four seasons. The Cowboys have made the postseason just four times this millennium, and they're 120-120 overall with one playoff win since 1997.

Can a team be any more average than that?
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...ew-york-giants

but you're right Jerry, everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pescado_rojo View Post
    It's Johnson, but other than that I agree 100%. Also, that team was put together before the salary cap.
    OHHH $#@! ! I can't believe I didn't catch that, Yeah, credibility that's me... Too much dope this holiday season. That's what I'm going with anyway........

bunghole Mack is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    But seriously, I would love it if we hired Polian as a GM. Why the Colts fired him I will never understand, he is great. I know it won't happen though.

Thought Donovan Miller summed it up nicely today. The Cowboys are still a great brand. That's why you see a full stadium every week and big merch sales. That was something Jerry started sure with the return to greatness in the 90s. It hasn't slipped off because like Texas the fans of the Cowboys love their team, sell out their stadium and buy $#@! regardless of the record now. So Jerry takes that great brand and uses that as justification that he's doing a good job as GM. It's similar in some ways to why Deloss won't fire Mack. Texas still hauls in the cash if we win an MNC or go 5-7. The Cowboys still sell out the stadium and have big merch sales if they go 8-8, 10-6, or 5-11. Texas Stadium was always sold out even in the crappy Campo years after Aikman retired. The fans aren't going to stop coming to Cowboys games. They love their team despite the ownership. Jerry is surrounded by yes men (i.e. his own family). Until that changes, the results will stay the same. As Junior said, the day the Cowboys will get better is the day when Steven goes to put flowers next to Jerry's gravesite.

bunghole Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt is a rep whore. Born Burnt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Pete View Post
    Anyone else notice that game commentators never mention JJ as one of the Cowboys' problems, despite the fact that he is the one constant?
    That's because it's hard to talk when you have JJ's wiener in your mouth.

+ Reply to Thread