+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oh WOW! LOOK AT THE TITS!!!

asshat MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar

oh WOW! LOOK AT THE TITS!!!

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/07/...-men-as-whole/

Study: Brain Objectifies Women As Body Parts, Men As Whole
    July 26, 2012 9:42 AM
    Share this 49
    View Comments

Share and see what your friends read on CBS Local.
    What's this?
    File photo of a model in a bikini. (credit: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2013)
    Filed Under

Health, News, Syndicated Local
    Related Tags

European Journal of Social Psychology, global processing, local processing, objectification, Sarah Gervais, Study
    LINCOLN, Neb. (CBS St. Louis) — A recent study finds that our brain objectifies women as different body parts, while viewing men as a whole.

The study, published in June’s European Journal of Social Psychology, was conducted by Sarah Gervais, a psychology professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.

She conducted experiments by presenting 227 participants of the study with images of men and women, finding that men were perceived as a “global” – or whole – cognitive processing level, while women were seen on a “local” cognitive processing level.

“Local processing underlies the way we think about objects: houses, cars and so on. But global processing should prevent us from that when it comes to people,” Gervais said in the study. “We don’t break people down to their parts, except when it comes to women, which is really striking. Women were perceived in the same ways that objects are viewed.”

The participant pool, which was evenly divided between men and women, were first provided images of fully-clothed people. They were then shown two images: the original clothed image from before and then an image of a sexual body part. The study found that the participants more easily identified a woman’s body part shown in isolation than presented in the context of her entire body, and vice versa for men.

“We always hear that women are reduced to their sexual body parts; you hear about examples in the media all the time,” Gervais said in the study. “This research takes it a step further and finds that this perception spills over to everyday women, too.”

Gervais said that this is the first study to link cognitive processes to objectification theory.

The mind boggles.

tl dr. show more pics of hot chicks.

It's good to be a man...

They need to do a study on why you would need a study to tell you that.

asshat cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. cam4mav's Avatar
    obvious study is indeed obvious

Butterface

asshat judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag's Avatar
    That's some Nobel prize winning research, there.

asshat t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan is a rep whore. t-shirt fan's Avatar
    Every small town has what menfolk call "the local".

Post-op

asshat random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn's Avatar

asshat MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan's Avatar
    Doesn't everybody get that way sometimes?
    I was lookin' at every woman but mine
    I was lookin' at the faces, lookin' at the parts
    Lookin' through the hole in the bottom of my heart

+ Reply to Thread