+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speakers not working in Honda Pilot (fuse?)

asshat threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets's Avatar

Speakers not working in Honda Pilot (fuse?)

I'll preface by stating the obvious: I don't know $#@! about cars.

Anyway, during that really bad week of freezing weather we had here in Dallas, my wife's battery died. After we jumped it, she drove it to work, and when she came out it was dead again. Ended up getting a new battery that night.

Anyway, the speakers won't work. The radio turns on, the display works fine, all that. There's just no sound. If her memory is correct, they haven't worked since it was jumped the second time. I checked all the radio-related fuses, and they're fine. There wasn't anything in the manual that mentioned the speakers?

Any ideas?

asshat pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo's Avatar
    The speakers aren't fused separately.

Is this a factory system, or something aftermarket? Sounds like maybe there is an amp with a blown fuse.

asshat threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets grows his own roses threesheets's Avatar
    My work buddy just said the exact same thing. It is a factory system, but he said there's probably a fuseable link to the speakers.

asshat e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. e can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Sounds like it could be a built in anti-theft feature of the stereo - power was removed (as if it were stolen) and now it wants a code. Check the user manual.

There won't be a fuse of any kind between the amp and the speakers.

The code is in. I can do everything you would normally do with a radio/cd player other than hear it.

asshat dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox's Avatar
    if it is a premium factory system there will be an amp somewhere. It will have a fuse on it. Find that and replace it and you should be good to go.

asshat dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dendox's Avatar
    these folks are speculating that the amp is under the center console on the passenger side

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...56534&get=last

I will google and see if I can find something more definitive.

Quote Originally Posted by dendox
    these folks are speculating that the amp is under the center console on the passenger side

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...56534&get=last

I will google and see if I can find something more definitive.
    I saw that. But I definitely appreciate you looking that up. I'll check there when I get home.

asshat pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo's Avatar
    Sorry, I forgot about this thread...

Did you figure it out yet? If not, look up at the battery. Sometimes there will be a secondary power wire run to the battery with the premium factory systems. If so, there will be a fuse either right at the + terminal, or at a junction box close by.

Also, sometimes the terminal connection for that auxiliary cable will corrode and break, and you'll lose connection. Sometimes it will even fall behind the battery and you won't notice it's missing if you didn't know it was there in the first place.

What year is the pilot?

+ Reply to Thread