+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is a Driver side-view mirror required to pass TX inspection?

Is a Driver side-view mirror required to pass TX inspection?

I have an '05 Pacifica with a broken driver's side mirror assembly. It's not just the mirror - it will most likely take the whole new assembly which may be a couple hundred bucks.

I figured I would have to do it to pass inspection but in reading the TX inspection requirements it appears that they only require 1 working mirror, either inside or outside. I have a working inside rearview and passenger side-view mirror.

It appears I'm fine but wondering if anyone has had any experience with this or knows what will pass.

asshat phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? phdhorn's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure not. My friend hasn't had one on his SUV for at least 2 years and I know he's
    gotten through inspection. I think he said regs were as you said.

asshat SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus's Avatar
    i was always under the impression you could be down a mirror and still be good. i mean, there are panel trucks with no rearview mirrors, so your 2 mirrors = their 2 mirrors.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    pretty sure the law is you have to have either a rear view mirror OR both side views. so as long as your rear view is there you should be good.

Thanks all.

asshat iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush Shaggy Gold Club iamthepush's Avatar
    I might be a woman beater, but I'm not a pussy eater
    if you are def you have to have all mirrors

asshat ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc's Avatar
    i believe as long as you have 2 out of both side mirrors and the rear view mirror you are good to go...about 5 years ago, i had a dodge dakota sport truck and i was sideswiped, losing the drivers side mirror. I took it in for inspection a week or so later and it passed without the mirror...

+ Reply to Thread