+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Dirtiest Programs

asshat vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox's Avatar

Exclamation Top 10 Dirtiest Programs

Give me your Top 10 Dirtiest Programs.

Here's mine:

1. blow-u
    2. USC
    3. Bama
    4. the-u
    5. aggy
    6. sand-aggy
    7. florida state
    8. colorado
    9. smu
    10. ????

Not sure about #10 - figure it's a toss between LSU and whoever stoops coaches next.

Editor's Note: $#@! the offseason. ou sucks the $#@!.

asshat closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses
    Is this a historic list or right now?

Right now, here are some thoughts of mine, at least.

1) USC - they continue to cheat at a relatively violent pace, whether with street agents, straight up paying people, or through violating the contact period rules.
    2) Alabama - they went back to buying players a while ago and it has really heated up in recent years. they paid cold hard cash for Richardson, among others.
    3) LSU - no player leaves the state of Louisiana unless LSU wants them to do so. the SEC is dirtier than a pig in $#@! and LSU is a driver of that.
    4) Oregon - a surprise player, they've really escalated their willingness of late to lie down with dogs and to get up with fleas. you can also see this reflected in the off the field problems running rampant through their program.
    5) Auburn - Gene Chizik has implicit approval to do what it takes to compete with Bama on a yearly basis, including dealing with street agents and straight up buying players.
    6) OU - always dirty, they do what it takes to land guys that they feel they need at that particular moment in time. they're willing to alter grades, pay parents, and break the contact period rules with impunity. they're not really playing the street agent game right now and they don't buy most of their players, but those things can change at any time.
    7) Ohio State - they don't get enough credit for being dirty.
    8) Miss State - you would expect a school as hell bent on cheating as these guys are to at least win occasionally.
    9) Florida State - Jimbo Fisher is going to get them competitive again one way or the other.
    10) Tennessee - it really doesn't matter who's coaching at Tennessee, they're going to be cheating. they don't have the biggest recruiting budget in the country for nothing.

asshat slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vox View Post
    Give me your Top 10 Dirtiest Programs.

Here's mine:

1. blow-u
    2. USC
    3. Bama
    4. the-u
    5. aggy
    6. sand-aggy
    7. florida state
    8. colorado
    9. smu
    10. ????

Not sure about #10 - figure it's a toss between LSU and whoever stoops coaches next.

Editor's Note: $#@! the offseason. ou sucks the $#@!.
    Not in the past ten years. Don't know what we did to earn that ranking. Tech is a lot of things, but I'd challenge you to prove the impropriety here...

asshat longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl's Avatar
    1.OU
    2.SMU
    3.USC
    4.aggy
    5.Colorado
    6.Miami
    7.Auburn
    8.Alabama
    9.who cares
    10.who cares

asshat skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. skeeter's Avatar
    it don't make a $#@! ... Horns will still prevail.

asshat Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic's Avatar
    good post, ctj. that was fun to read.

can't wait to see what shakes out on Friday wrt USC.

asshat TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher's Avatar
    Assuming we're talking about all-around cheating and not just football cheating??

Then I'm going...

All-time:

1. ou
    2. USC
    (These two are light years ahead of everyone else b/c they do it multiple sports)
    3. aggy (Should have gotten the death penalty in football and likely would have if SMU didn't just get one when aggy caught their second Lack Of Institutional Control violation under Strokum -- I'm pretty sure they are still the only school with two such violations)
    4. SMU
    5. Kentucky basketball

Right now:
    USC and ou both deserve the LOIC ban hammer right now, though neither will get it.

P.S. My absolute favorite thing about Bellmont is that no one can say we're guilty of jack or $#@! except having some kids that make bad decisions about riding dirty sometimes. We're whistle $#@!ing clean when it comes to AD level stuff.
    Last edited by TexArcher; 06-02-2010 at 07:46 PM.

asshat vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox grows his own roses vox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slorch View Post
    Not in the past ten years. Don't know what we did to earn that ranking. Tech is a lot of things, but I'd challenge you to prove the impropriety here...
    Was referring mostly to the issues cited in '98:

Unethical conduct
    Academic fraud
    Failure to monitor
    Lack of institutional control

asshat bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine's Avatar
    My team has had a bad stretch but has the same number(4) of overall major infractions as the Texas Longhorns. Alabama's are more recent than Texas. We are seen to be high on the list because of how recent and the fact that it was all within a relative short time. FTR, two of ours should not have been major's. FWIW, tOSU reports more minor violations each year than any team in the country. Here is a list of the most major's(teams with 5 or more).

As for the Richardson accusation above, why, because he chose us over UF and FSU? He is from the Florida panhandle(our territory, we sign many players from there). It is the same old "so and so signed with them, so they must of given them boatloads of cash" nonsense. Since Mack has been at Texas(and prior when he was at NC), has he been accused of cheating? Not that I have heard. Saban hasn't been accused at any school of cheating, except for the bump rule, which wasn't against the rules until it was whined about enough and they made the "Saban rule".

BTW, $#@! the offseason. Bring the hate.

asshat GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad's Avatar
    CTJ did a fine job w/ his list although I'd argue that ou deserves to be higher for no reason more than Bomar-Peterson-Big Red Imports situation.

Oregon State always has a fishy smell about them. And Michigan under Rich Rodriguez sure seems like a powder keg waiting for a lit match.
    Last edited by GhostOfTomJoad; 06-02-2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: I pissed off the gods of grammar

asshat GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad is a rep whore. GhostOfTomJoad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamachine View Post
    My team has had a bad stretch but has the same number(4) of overall major infractions as the Texas Longhorns. Alabama's are more recent than Texas. We are seen to be high on the list because of how recent and the fact that it was all within a relative short time. .
    Translation: Alabama has really applied itself to cheating intensively recently in order to keep up with the cesspool that is the SEC. And while that's a cute graph you included does anyone really believe that UTEP's cheating is the same as USC's?

asshat slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vox View Post
    Was referring mostly to the issues cited in '98:

Unethical conduct
    Academic fraud
    Failure to monitor
    Lack of institutional control
    Kids weren't going to class. Got it.

That is up there with the other dirt bag schools, really?

asshat Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon grows his own roses Gut Wagon's Avatar
    Must agree with Michigan, Oregon and Auburn being on here. I believe it's only a matter of time until all three are found guilty of major "oversights." And it will be interesting to see in which direction FSU moves on the list with Bobby now out to pasture.

asshat TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher Shaggy Gold Club TexArcher's Avatar
    Kids weren't going to class. Got it.

That is up there with the other dirt bag schools, really?
    Do you seriously think that kids not going to class and flunking gets you into that much trouble? Come on, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by TexArcher View Post
    Do you seriously think that kids not going to class and flunking gets you into that much trouble? Come on, bro.
    yes Tech paid a dear price for those infractions. Tech is one of the schools that actually did have to pay up for what it did, and most, if not all of those folks involved are no longer at Tech, save for Gerald Myers, and I have no love lost for him.

Hey, if Tech comes to mind when you think of cheating programs, it is what it is. Does Arizona State's Head Coach still hit kids...it happened in the past ya know...

I'm not slamming Tech, slorch, you'll see they didn't appear in my 5 worst list above. But from what I recall (which is admittedly not complete as it was a long time ago and I don't spend much time on Tech), there was more going on than just kids flunking. There had to be, right? Nobody racks up that many violations that quickly because of knuckleheads not showing up for school (unless the institution is involved in them making grades, in which case it's a much different thing).

asshat jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519's Avatar
    I don't think Michigan and RichRod are guilty of any infractions on the order of buying players, street agents, etc. They're guilty of turning Michigan into some kind of football sweat shop where kids are worked to death and if they can't keep up, they're tossed out like garbage. That's a sucky way to do things and the working extra time is an NCAA infraction, but I don't put it on the level of paying players and I don't expect to hear those kinds of stories.

I also don't buy much of talk about Ohio State. I know about the Troy Smith stuff and the Jorts are about the most insufferable fans outside of collie station, but Tressel is Mack Brown with a sweatervest. I have no data to back me up, but I would be willing to be he runs a fairly clean ship. Now what some of their idiot boosters might be doing is another thing.

I'm not slamming Tech, slorch, you'll see they didn't appear in my 5 worst list above. But from what I recall (which is admittedly not complete as it was a long time ago and I don't spend much time on Tech), there was more going on than just kids flunking. There had to be, right? Nobody racks up that many violations that quickly because of knuckleheads not showing up for school (unless the institution is involved in them making grades, in which case it's a much different thing).
    Texas fan wants to talk about undiscovered violations...really?

All this money around the program and NONE of it goes to the players...RIGHT!!!!!

College football is what it is. There's cheaters and those that get caught.

asshat bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine Shaggy Gold Club bamachine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfTomJoad View Post
    Translation: Alabama has really applied itself to cheating intensively recently in order to keep up with the cesspool that is the SEC. And while that's a cute graph you included does anyone really believe that UTEP's cheating is the same as USC's?
    You will not catch me denying that some stupid $#@! went down in the past decade. I am convinced that it is over, at least anything like the Means debacle. As long as Saban is there, I think he has iron control over the program now. That doesn't mean some kid can't do something stupid. Saban is widely seen as one of the best recruiters out there and so are the coaches who coached under him(your HCIW included). When you can get the best talent, there is no need to cheat to play at a high level. Mal Moore(our AD) gets a lot of credit for the Saban hire but he made some really poor hires prior to that. I do not hate the man, I just think he is not a great AD. I want him to retire and bring Ozzie Newsome home.

As for UTEP vs USC, to be honest, I don't know. I do not pay a ton of attention to what infractions other teams have on their resume.

Some of you may find this hard to believe but I don't want to see USC hit hard. I really would prefer the NCAA to come out of this looking like the evil draconian jackasses that they are. I never have denied that Alabama did wrong, just disagreed with the punishments meted out. Our first major infraction was over a player signing with an agent after the '93 Sugar Bowl. He played throughout the next season. He finally told Coach Stallings about it. Stallings told the compliance dept, they told the SEC and the NCAA. The investigator showed up unannounced and demanded to see Stallings. Stallings was already in a meeting and told his secretary that he would meet with the guy once his current meeting was over. The guy took it personally and started a holy war. The only thing that should have happened is the vacation of any wins from the '93 season. Instead we got hammered and got the LOIC tagged on us. We got LOIC because one player signed a piece of paper, finally told the school, who promptly reported it. $#@! THE NCAA. Notre Dame's first major infraction, where a booster was handing out money like it was going out of style and admitted it, a slap on the wrist. One more time, $#@! THE NCAA.

/rant

Yep, TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by jtk1519 View Post

I also don't buy much of talk about Ohio State. I know about the Troy Smith stuff and the Jorts are about the most insufferable fans outside of collie station, but Tressel is Mack Brown with a sweatervest. I have no data to back me up, but I would be willing to be he runs a fairly clean ship. Now what some of their idiot boosters might be doing is another thing.
    I really don't think Tressel is a cheater but I do think some shady things have went on around that program, Maurice anyone? I am sure it was just some idiot booster crap. Unfortunately, all good programs have their idiots with too much money and too much time on their hands. They need to start punishing these boosters and leave the schools alone(unless they were complicit in the boosters dealings).

asshat dkgeauxteam!!!1 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dkgeauxteam!!!1 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? dkgeauxteam!!!1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by closetojumping View Post
    3) LSU - no player leaves the state of Louisiana unless LSU wants them to do so. the SEC is dirtier than a pig in $#@! and LSU is a driver of that.
    ..the $#@!?

asshat GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? GPLonghorn5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    it don't make a $#@! ... Horns will still prevail.
    this.

asshat neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44 Shaggy Gold Club neonmoon44's Avatar
    1. OU

2. SMU
    3. USC
    4. Aggy
    5. Miami

I don't know what happened at Bama, so I can't add anyone else, but I just included the teams who were proven to be paying players. And OU is by far the worst. They have a round of cheating exposed a couple of years after every trophy in the case.

asshat vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz grows his own roses vtaenz's Avatar

All this money around the program and NONE of it goes to the players...RIGHT!!!!!

That is right. Texas players aren't paid. There are enough people with inroads to the program that post here that would know if something fishy was going on. Granted they probably wouldn't mention it. In my experience with the guys I've known come through the program and are there now they are clean. Any young kid who's given cash will do something stupid with it at some point and raise eyebrows amongst bystanders.

Now that's not to say these guys aren't really paying for a cover charge at clubs and probably not paying for drinks downtown for the most part, that's speculation by me.

asshat Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe slams and goes hard. Grippe's Avatar
    Holy $#@!, where is OSU on y'all's lists? Dexter Manly anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by vtaenz View Post
    That is right. Texas players aren't paid. There are enough people with inroads to the program that post here that would know if something fishy was going on. Granted they probably wouldn't mention it. In my experience with the guys I've known come through the program and are there now they are clean. Any young kid who's given cash will do something stupid with it at some point and raise eyebrows amongst bystanders.

Now that's not to say these guys aren't really paying for a cover charge at clubs and probably not paying for drinks downtown for the most part, that's speculation by me.
    Get over yourself. You aren't that naive are you? Everyone is cheating, except the richest program in the country...RIGHT!!!!!

asshat DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof's Avatar
    Other than aggy and slorch, I've never heard anything even insinuated that Mack runs anything other than a squeaky clean program.

Slorch and bamamachine:

How many other boards do you monitor to ensure that the honor of Tech and Alabama is not being sullied?

If I remember correctly, Slorch has some connection to other posters on this board and Shaggy may represent the primary vehicle for his Tech defense

On the other hand, I imagine that bamamachine spends almost every hour of his free time scouring various message boards and rebutting any posts critical of Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by alincoln View Post
    Slorch and bamamachine:

How many other boards do you monitor to ensure that the honor of Tech and Alabama is not being sullied?

If I remember correctly, Slorch has some connection to other posters on this board and Shaggy may represent the primary vehicle for his Tech defense

On the other hand, I imagine that bamamachine spends almost every hour of his free time scouring various message boards and rebutting any posts critical of Bama.
    so you have nothing to add to the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Grippe View Post
    Holy $#@!, where is OSU on y'all's lists? Dexter Manly anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Okie State certainly did their best to catch up w/ ou cheating-wise in the '80s between Hart Lee Dykes and Dexter Manley's "graduation", but when your cheating doesn't result in a significant advantage that leads to wins it doesn't get as much attention. As far as current day OSU, it's hard to get a read on them. Lots of rumors were floated about Dez & his recruitment to Stillwater, yet Mike Goodson was run out of town before his official visit was over. Gundy kicked off several of Lester's thugs early on, but with pressure mounting & Boone getting older it wouldn't surprise me to find out they're cutting corners again.

One thing's for sure: if OSU is cheating ou will make sure it's reported & the hammer is dropped on them.

I have nothing to add to this thread except slorch continues to come across as an insufferable whiny bitch every time he posts. We get it dude, you think Longhorns are arrogant and so you have to spend all of your free time here defending Tech and your little fragile ego.

To make you feel better though, no, Tech doesn't cheat near as much as OU or A&M. Your alumni are just too poor and too stupid to pull off anything of significance. Is that what you want to hear?

asshat longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl's Avatar
    This. Mack and Tressel are two of the cleanest and most respectable coaches in college football today.

Quote Originally Posted by Forty Acres View Post
    I have nothing to add to this thread except slorch continues to come across as an insufferable whiny bitch every time he posts. We get it dude, you think Longhorns are arrogant and so you have to spend all of your free time here defending Tech and your little fragile ego.

To make you feel better though, no, Tech doesn't cheat near as much as OU or A&M. Your alumni are just too poor and too stupid to pull off anything of significance. Is that what you want to hear?
    i want to hear about how perfect the Longhorns are. It makes my day worth living.

Really, if you find me insufferable, you're simply admitting you dislike reality. i didn't post on the thread until someone else mentioned Tech, for a program that has been as "clean" as anyone else for the past 10 years.
    Last edited by slorch; 06-03-2010 at 09:59 AM.

The Richardson thing is a steet agent deal. Its slimy, and Mack refuses to play ball.

asshat closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses closetojumping grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by Forty Acres View Post

This was a well done post in which I wholeheartedly agree, Forty Acres. slorch is a hairy beanbag gargling choad.

In regard to Ohio State, they've been documented as dirty several times this decade. Their alumni base is aggressive in regard to working players into a favorable recruiting position.

How anyone can call Michigan "dirty" is beyond me. They've never been sanctioned and only now have run into trouble due to overpracticing players. $#@! Rod may be dirty, but it won't be tolerated within that program. Calling Michigan "dirty" is like calling Bama "clean". And I laughed at the Bama guy's whining defense of that program. "Ethics" is a dirty word in Bama and always has been.

To the LSU guy who is shocked, SHOCKED!!!, at their mention, you are either willfully ignorant, hopelessly naive, or utterly disingenuous. Not really sure which, but spare us the surprise.

No. None of it goes to the players.

Slorch, we don't have to pay players to come to Texas. If you're a talented football player and Mack comes to you and says, "Look, our facilities are among the best in the nation. You'll get to live in one of the best cities in the country. And we'll get you on national tv several times a year. If you play well for us, you will be drafted into the NFL. And if it turns out you can't make the NFL, you still have a chance to get a degree from a tier 1 university for free. Let's take a walk around campus and you can see what the local ladies look like. Whaddaya say, son?". You think Mack needs a fistful of cash to complete that transaction? Hell no.
    Last edited by TexArcher; 06-03-2010 at 10:26 AM.

NAACP National Champ Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks's Avatar
    dammit. we need some arrests or something.

we've been talking about the same two or three topics for the entire offseason.

realignment
    cheating
    roy williams

somebody needs to text into a wall or something...

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    Re: aggies, Manziel, SEC, Texas is doomed
    In regard to Ohio State, they've been documented as dirty several times this decade. Their alumni base is aggressive in regard to working players into a favorable recruiting
    Total bull$#@!. "documented" = confirmed by hearsay, apparently. You find Maurice Clarett, Tom Friend, and Norma McGill that credible, do you?

bunghole kn1f3party is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? kn1f3party's Avatar
    Ohio State? We've had our issues, but who hasn't? The Vest runs a tight ship and now that we're beyond the Cooper and O'Brien eras we actually pride ourselves in doing things the right way and running a clean ship.

If you're going to talk about documented, post some credible sources. It seems some of you put all of the other perennial top ten schools on that list.

asshat jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519 grows his own roses jtk1519's Avatar
    In regard to Ohio State, they've been documented as dirty several times this decade. Their alumni base is aggressive in regard to working players into a favorable recruiting position.
    Care to expand on that? The only documented case I can think of is Troy Smith who took $500 from a booster during his freshman year. Clarett was a basketcase, but never broke any NCAA rules and if anything, Clarret is testament to Tressel's unwillingness to put up with too much nonsense. Tressel suspended him for an entire year and then kicked him off the team for filing a false police report. Not a lot of coaches would have the balls to boot a kid who basically just won you a national championship. Hell, Bob stoops wouldn't have even suspended him a game.

Slorch, we don't have to pay players to come to Texas. If you're a talented football player and Mack comes to you and says, "Look, our facilities are among the best in the nation. You'll get to live in one of the best cities in the country. And we'll get you on national tv several times a year. If you play well for us, you will be drafted into the NFL. And if it turns out you can't make the NFL, you still have a chance to get a degree from a tier 1 university for free. Let's take a walk around campus and you can see what the local ladies look like. Whaddaya say, son?". You think Mack needs a fistful of cash to complete that transaction? Hell no.
    THIS!

Well played, my good man.

"That $#@! there sells itself..."

bunghole kn1f3party is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? kn1f3party's Avatar
    Also, 'Bama fans should be concerned about the overall direction their program is heading in. Over signing isn't cheating yet, but it is unethical and Saban has been taking it to a whole new level. I think where teams stand on these lists demonstrates their philosophy toward their players. Some of the most compliant programs are still getting some of the best recruiting classes, so don't fire back with some garbage about us not being able to land people like you can.

http://www.oversigning.com

NAACP National Champ Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Snacks's Avatar

I guess the odds of making it to the league from USC, ou, and Miami are terrible. And we know how terrible the women are in SoCal and Miami.

the argument is sound, but the logic is terrible, as the so-called 'dirtiest' programs can say the same thing AND throw in a "win the conference, play in the bcs, or win a national championship more than at texas".

it's good to think highly of ourselves, though.

I don't worry about coaches like Mack, Tressel, Ferentz, Beamer, etc., but I do worry about overzealous boosters with a little too much free time and money. I would bet slorch's life that Mack is cleaner than the Pope's sheets, but I can't say the same about boosters. I don't think it is happening because there are so many eyes on programs like Texas that secrets are hard to keep, but anything is possible.

I don't worry about coaches like Mack, Tressel, Ferentz, Beamer, etc., but I do worry about overzealous boosters with a little too much free time and money.
    To some extent, the University shares responsibility in this. It is the job of their compliance offices to prevent, respond, and report that type of activity. When Maurice Clarett came out with wild ass allegations, Ohio State's compliance office worked with the NCAA. Because they did their job, the NCAA found nothing.

To WhooTex and you other crybabies bawling about how clean Tressel is, I didn't type that Tressel was dirty. I said that OSU is, and they've always been. They've been sanctioned during this decade in basketball; jtk is already apologizing for the Troy Smith $#@! which was the equivalent of "it was just Rhett Bomar and JD Quinn" in regard to scope; and Clarrett was busted driving around in vehicles that weren't his, preceding his suspension. They have $#@!ty boosters and no amount of bizarre whining from pseudo-OSU fans here will change that.

To WhooTex and you other crybabies bawling about how clean Tressel is, I didn't type that Tressel was dirty. I said that OSU is, and they've always been. They've been sanctioned during this decade in basketball; jtk is already apologizing for the Troy Smith $#@! which was the equivalent of "it was just Rhett Bomar and JD Quinn" in regard to scope; and Clarrett was busted driving around in vehicles that weren't his, preceding his suspension. They have $#@!ty boosters and no amount of bizarre whining from pseudo-OSU fans here will change that.
    This goes back to what jtk1519 said. It is one thing to call a University dirty, it is another to suggest there are some dirty boosters out there. You are out of your mind if you think there is any team, with national appeal (including Texas), that doesn't have dirty boosters doing dirty things. What makes a University dirty is if they overlook that behavior or don't even attempt to prevent it. That is what UCONN is paying for right now, overlooking improprieties. Yes, we were sanctioned for what was going on during O'Brien's tenure in our basketball program. But once we became aware of it, we fired his ass and paid a price for wrongful termination. Did we organize a cheating scandal like that of Florida State's? Did we overlook those types of improprieties like USC or UCONN? Absolutely not and I challenge you to provide some proof that Ohio State is and "always [has] been" dirty.

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    Don't get your pussy hurt, you gash. You're wrong. Shut the $#@! up and move on.
    Last edited by WhoooTex; 06-03-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: acronyms are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by kn1f3party View Post
    Absolutely not and I challenge you to provide some proof that Ohio State is and "always [has] been" dirty.
    (ctj)I already did, I SAID so. WTF are you so stupid you don't get that???(/ctj)

Tech does not deserve to be on that list for something that happened when current recruits were entering kindergarten.

That being said, there's hardly any documentation or even specific rumors that Texas is giving players or their families improper benefits. The closest thing would be the Thayer Evans/McFarland abomination (or Derka's not-so-close-to-the-vest whispers that he's heard inside scoop).

Fact is Mack Brown is a straight shooter and has demonstrated long-term success. Austin & UT are great places to be and now there is a pipeline to the NFL. And, for those players that don't make it in the NFL, graduating as a student-athlete from UT opens doors with a number of alumni.

I believe the principles of DKR are still in place and can't think of a single booster who has been implicated in providing improper benefits to student-athletes. Texas is not perfect, but widespread corruption is not tolerated.

And, when you hear the "everyone cheats" defense, I believe that's the last resort of a scoundrel.

+ Reply to Thread