+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Austin ISD Boundary Map for HS and Middle School?

asshat BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn's Avatar

Austin ISD Boundary Map for HS and Middle School?

I cannot find it on the Austin ISD website. Anyone have a link to this?

bunghole zman13 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? zman13 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? zman13 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? zman13 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? zman13 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? zman13 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? zman13's Avatar
    I was never able to find the maps on the website. I could only find the "type in the address and we'll tell you the schools" section. I went to the AISD building on West 6th and bought the paper maps.

asshat BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. BearLakeHorn's Avatar
    This is the link that zman is referring to.

https://access.austinisd.org/school_...ries/index.php

asshat pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BearLakeHorn View Post
    This is the link that zman is referring to.

Yup, that's the best I could find online. We've been house hunting and that's come in handy.

asshat Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson's Avatar
    From the link BearLake posted:

Quote Originally Posted by AISD
    Note: Assignment area maps ($8.50 + $1.50 shipping), facility maps ($7.50 + $1.50 shipping), and assignment/trustee maps ($8.00 + $1.50 shipping) are available from the Office of Student Services.
    Seems like zman identified the only option. You have to buy a map. It isn't online. Is that normal, to have to buy a map? RRISD has their maps online.
    Last edited by Wooderson; 12-07-2010 at 10:25 AM.

asshat fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard.
    Hold up, I think I can make one, give me a few

asshat fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard.

If you need more detailed, let me know.

asshat Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson slams and goes hard. Wooderson's Avatar
    ^^^^
    Thanks.

When I was fighting the placement of one of my kids, they said they weren't available online. They told me you had to buy it, or go to the Admin office and view it in person. I guess it's to hide the fact that they try to keep the kids racially segregated.
    Last edited by Massive Horn; 12-07-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Damn, kids who live in the Austin ISD areas over by Barton Creek Country Club have to go all the way to O'Henry? I guess the families who live out there can afford to just send their kids to St. Andrews or Regents which is quite a bit closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Massive Horn View Post
    When I was fighting the placement of one of my kids, they said they weren't available online. They told me you had to buy it, or go to the Admin office and view it in person. I guess it's to hide the fact that they try to keep the kids racially segregated.
    The city itself is fairly segregated. It'd be pretty tough to draw school lines that make any geographic sense that result in racially balanced schools. That's why bussing and magnets exists.

asshat Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler grows his own roses Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    FYI: Fluffer's map does not include the new middle schools (at least in SW Austin).

So all the new-agers and hipsters who are out in Mueller filter into Reagan?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post
    As if they have kids in HS though.......

asshat pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo slams and goes hard. pray4mojo's Avatar
    Pretty much ruled that area out for us. East side is great (and a 10 minute drive to campus), but the schools....not so bueno.

yea, might be missing a few schools....data is a couple years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou415 View Post
    The city itself is fairly segregated. It'd be pretty tough to draw school lines that make any geographic sense that result in racially balanced schools. That's why bussing and magnets exists.
    Bull$#@!. First off, those maps are wrong. Travis Heights kids go to Austin High. Their neighborhood school (Travis High) pulls all the Mexican kids further east and northeast and further south and southwest. If those maps were ever correct, they are over ten years old (Porter has been closed for at least four years). As for racial balancing, it takes nothing for them to have the TH kids go to their neighborhood school. It's clear to see their agenda with boundaries. Particularly when you take into account that the advisory board for locating Akins said the best place for it was east of I-35. By placing it west of I-35, they were able to pull more minorties into Akins and out of Bowie and they could continue to pull those east Mexican kids for Travis.

I filed to move my kid to our neighborhood school a few years ago. Instead of sending my kid to a school a mile away, the district had him going to one 5 miles away, mostly because they have to extend out the boudaries to make up for the gerrymandering of the white kids in TH. I was denied. Appealed and denied again. I then showed up in person. Called the head of whatever department a $#@!ing "pussy" and told him I was signing up to speak to the school board and telling tell them what i told him. That they are a bunch of $#@!ing pussies who don't want to piss off the monied, white voters and thus busing my kid to make up for their gutless bull$#@!. I get a letter two days later approving my son's transfer. AISD $#@!ing sucks $#@!.
    Last edited by Massive Horn; 12-07-2010 at 02:19 PM.

asshat airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby's Avatar
    Bull$#@!. First off, those maps are wrong. Travis Heights kids go to Austin High. Their neighborhood school (Travis High) pulls all the Mexican kids further east and northeast and further south and southwest. If those maps were ever correct, they are over ten years old (Porter has been closed for at least four years). As for racial balancing, it takes nothing for them to have the TH kids go to their neighborhood school. It's clear to see their agenda with boundaries. Particularly when you take into account that the advisory board for locating Akins said the best place for it was east of I-35. By placing it west of I-35, they were able to pull more minorties into Akins and out of Bowie and they could continue to pull those east Mexican kids for Travis.
    Since when? I grew up in Travis Heights, as did my two brothers, and we were all supposed to go to Travis. None of us did, but it took some real wrangling to get out of that sinking ship. This was in the 90s and early 2000s, though, but Travis definitely pulled all the way to the river and at least as far west as South Congress. With magnet schools and stuff, it's tough to guarantee that local kids wind up at the local $#@!ty schools. (Barton Hills did go to AHS, but that made more sense, geographically.)

So few kids are even high school age in TH, it's hard to imagine AISD gives the neighborhood too much thought, except as a possible balance for Travis and Fulmore (where I did go).
    Last edited by airportlobby; 12-07-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airportlobby View Post
    Since when? I grew up in Travis Heights, as did my two brothers, and we were all supposed to go to Travis. None of us did, but it took some real wrangling to get out of that sinking ship. This was in the 90s and early 2000s, though, but Travis definitely pulled all the way to the river and at least as far west as South Congress. With magnet schools and stuff, it's tough to guarantee that local kids wind up at the local $#@!ty schools. (Barton Hills did go to AHS, but that made more sense, geographically.)

So few kids are even high school age in TH, it's hard to imagine AISD gives the neighborhood too much thought, except as a possible balance for Travis and Fulmore (where I did go).
    As of 4 years ago at least. I saw the boundaries and that's what threw off the maps. With NCLB, they redrew them as transfers went up like crazy.

asshat airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? airportlobby's Avatar
    As of 4 years ago at least. I saw the boundaries and that's what threw off the maps. With NCLB, they redrew them as transfers went up like crazy.

Weird. The neighborhood had a long history with THS. Almost sad that it ended, despite how $#@!ty the school is. The neighborhood is so much richer/snottier than it was when I was a kid, though. I guess it makes sense that the new locals pulled rank on AISD. When I was a kid, most of friends' parents were hippies/renters.

all the houses I've looked at in Travis Heights (can't afford that $#@!, but its fun to look) feed to THS.

I filed to move my kid to our neighborhood school a few years ago. Instead of sending my kid to a school a mile away, the district had him going to one 5 miles away, mostly because they have to extend out the boudaries to make up for the gerrymandering of the white kids in TH. I was denied. Appealed and denied again. I then showed up in person. Called the head of whatever department a $#@!ing "pussy" and told him I was signing up to speak to the school board and telling tell them what i told him. That they are a bunch of $#@!ing pussies who don't want to piss off the monied, white voters and thus busing my kid to make up for their gutless bull$#@!. I get a letter two days later approving my son's transfer. AISD $#@!ing sucks $#@!.
    Every single person I have known who lived in Travis Heights was zoned to Travis High School. They all ended up going to LBJ or Johnston but none went to Austin High.

Quote Originally Posted by BearLakeHorn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson
    As if they have kids in HS though.......
    True, but surely there are elementary and junior high kids in Mueller. Doesn't seem like they feed into some of the "better" schools.

Quote Originally Posted by RaizerAlum
    Pretty much ruled that area out for us. East side is great (and a 10 minute drive to campus), but the schools....not so bueno.
    Raizer seems to agree.

Upon doing some further research using https://access.austinisd.org/school_...ries/index.php, your assertion that Travis Heights is zoned to Austin High is just not at all true. I searched a number of random addresses and not only is Travis Heights zoned to Travis HS but so is Bouldin Creek. The N/S boundary between Austin HS and Travis HS appears to be the railroad tracks that run right along Lamar.

asshat Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White Shaggy Gold Club Orange&White's Avatar
    fluffer...It looks like you grabbed some kml files and threw them on a google map. Where did you find the files?

I have no clue how it's zoned now, but I specifically remember asking about the zoning specific to that area when I saw a map that looked out of whack when I met with the Superindent's Office. The reason I remember it was there was a neighborhood named Travis Heights that had kids that didn't go to Travis Heights High School. The guy told me it had to due with the size of the schools and expected number of students. I even remember him saying that the lines had to take in some Apartments because it messed with their projections.

Thirsty Virgin Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio's Avatar
    I then showed up in person. Called the head of whatever department a $#@!ing "pussy" and told him I was signing up to speak to the school board and telling tell them what i told him.
    Well that seems reasonable.

All I can tell you is that from 1993-2002, Travis Heights was zoned to Travis HS and currently, Travis Heights is zoned to Travis HS, so any accusations of racism based on the zoning of Travis Heights are off base.

Upon doing some further research using https://access.austinisd.org/school_...ries/index.php, your assertion that Travis Heights is zoned to Austin High is just not at all true. I searched a number of random addresses and not only is Travis Heights zoned to Travis HS but so is Bouldin Creek. The N/S boundary between Austin HS and Travis HS appears to be the railroad tracks that run right along Lamar.
    A buddy of mine went to Travis in the 90s. He told me the boundary between Austin HS and Travis was exactly that. The railroad tracks. Not Lamar as the houses east of Lamar but west of the tracks are all zoned to Austin. I looked up some addresses along that corridor and he's right.

Looks like the boundary goes to Ben White and south of Ben White is then Crockett.

Assignments for 1100–2199 travis heights blvd, austin, TX 78704

Travis Heights Elementary School
    2010 Alameda Dr
    Austin, TX 78704
    (512) 414–4495
    Pre-Kindergarten – 5th grades
    Mrs. Lisa Robertson, principal

Fulmore Middle School
    201 E Mary St
    Austin, TX 78704
    (512) 414–3207
    6th – 8th grades
    Mrs. Laurie Lay, principal

Travis High School
    1211 E Oltorf St
    Austin, TX 78704
    (512) 414–2527
    9th – 12th grades
    Ms. Cynthia Borden, principal
    Taken from the link below.

asshat ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow's Avatar
    IT's a shame kids on certain parts near East Riverside are in Del Valle. Sure they'd go to Johnston or Travis, but even those have to be better than Del VAlle. AISD has some weird as boundaries in that area.

They'll end up at the fine arts magnet at Mccallum, or the global studies (whatever it's called) magnet at AHS.

asshat Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    Existing boundary map of SW Austin (sounds like that is more what you're looking for).

http://www.austinisd.org/inside/2004...s_20091014.pdf

asshat Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    Ah, just noticed it was Dirk that mentioned SW Austin.

The new MS on Slaughter is 100% feeding Bowie. 70+% of both Bailey and Small feed Bowie. <15% of Covington feeds Bowie.
    Last edited by Longhorn Al; 12-08-2010 at 01:11 PM.

The Board's recommendation for SW Austin's elementary boundaries (Jan. 2010): http://www.austinisd.org/inside/2004...n_to_Board.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Longhorn Al View Post
    Ah, just noticed it was Dirk that mentioned SW Austin.

The new MS on Slaughter is 100% feeding Bowie. 70+% of both Bailey and Small feed Bowie. <15% of Covington feeds Bowie.
    in a recent bond, we passed to raise money to buy land for a new SW HS. where would they put it? my guess is the only place with that much land might be off 290W before dripping springs...

Actually, the bond was passed to buy land for a new South Austin HS. They haven't decided if that's going to be in SW Austin or SE Austin. I read that a member of the committee said that SE Austin is the fastest growing part of AISD. SW Austin is growing as well, but not at the pace that SE is.

If it's SW, it'll be out 290 or possibly down where 45 will meet Mopac. If it's SE, it'll likely be east of 35.
    Last edited by Longhorn Al; 12-09-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Actually, the bond was passed to buy land for a new South Austin HS. They haven't decided if that's going to be in SW Austin or SE Austin. I read that a member of the committee said that SE Austin is the fastest growing part of AISD. SW Austin is growing as well, but not at the pace that SE is.

If it's SW, it'll be out 290 or possibly down where 45 will meet Mopac. If it's SE, it'll likely be east of 35.
    Wouldn't that be just like 2-3 miles from Bowie?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post

I'm not a new ager or a hipster, but live near Mueller, and will definitely be getting the hell out when my children are school age. when do they start kindegarten, btw?

Side question to anyone who knows, how is the Brentwood/Lamar/McCallum progression?

Wouldn't that be just like 2-3 miles from Bowie?
    Yes. I'm really hoping it's not anywhere near there. It's probably the least likely at this point.

I'm thinking it needs to go to SE Austin. But the people that complain the loudest (SW Austin) might be able to get it.

Yes. I'm really hoping it's not anywhere near there. It's probably the least likely at this point.

I'm thinking it needs to go to SE Austin. But the people that complain the loudest (SW Austin) might be able to get it.
    In 4 years, Bowie is going to be busting at the seams when CCR kids hit HS age. Clayton, Kiker, Mills and Baldwin are all at or above capacity.

How is Akins looking at capacity?

Bowie is at about 113% capacity. I think Akins is 117%. Crockett is way under 100%...something like 81%.

And honestly, Bowie and Akins will both be busting at the seems in 5 years. There needs to be 2 new high schools.

I just hate to see Bowie finally get good at football and then be split up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MC Fresh Breath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooderson
    I'm not a new ager or a hipster, but live near Mueller, and will definitely be getting the hell out when my children are school age. when do they start kindegarten, btw?

Side question to anyone who knows, how is the Brentwood/Lamar/McCallum progression?
    Children usually start kindergarten when they are 5 years old (as of Sept. 1st). So if you have a four year old right now, and he/she turns 5 BEFORE Sept. 1st 2011, then they should enroll in kindergarten for the 2011-2012 year.

Don't know anything about that Brentwood/Lamar/McCallum cycle, though I am also interested in hearing more.

+ Reply to Thread