+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car door ding to car next to it. Is the door opener always solely at fault?

Car door ding to car next to it. Is the door opener always solely at fault?

Didn't happen to me but I watched it happen today and was wondering. A 4 year-old opened her door into the car beside it and dinged it pretty good. The mom and the driver of the dinged car swapped contact #'s per insurance. The thing is, the car that got dinged was angled in such a way so that the back tire was actually in the spot taken up by the car with the little girl. So, if you can imagine the front 2 tires of the dinged car entirely within the parking space and the back of the car actually taking up room in the space next to it, you'll get an idea as to what I am talking about.

I spoke to the mother of the little girl and gave her my contact info just in case but I figured someone on here would know the liability.

asshat jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus's Avatar
    then its the person who parked like a $#@! wads fault. those little yellow lines are there for a reason.

just my opinion

Anyone take any pictures of how the cars were parked? Might be helpful to the girls family.

asshat Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al is a rep whore. Longhorn Al's Avatar
    I'm a big guy. I parked in a spot at HEB with no one around me. Came out 15 minutes later and a car had parked right on the line next to my driver's side. The only way for me to even get in was to put my door against theirs and push like hell to squeeze in. Bruised my back in the process. I hope I gave them a nice ding/scrape. They had a good 2 feet on the other side of their spot. They didn't have to park on top of me.

asshat Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man's Avatar
    It's the person opening the door's fault that the ding happened, but it's the person who parked the car like an $#@!'s fault for being an $#@! and who gives a $#@! if his door gets dinged.

This is one of the reasons I don't mind parking farther out in the parking lot and walking 50 extra feet to get into wherever I'm going. My wife insists on getting as close as possible and her car has door dings to show for it.

I also don't understand people that park like jackasses. Are you too blind to see that your car is crooked? Are you too lazy to take 30 seconds to back up a little bit and pull in more even/straight? I saw a car the other day that was parked diagonal with about half of it in each space. I hope someone pushed a shopping cart into them.

Quote Originally Posted by jose_medina_de_jesus View Post
    then its the person who parked like a $#@! wads fault. those little yellow lines are there for a reason.

just my opinion
    I agree.

Park straight or ride a goddam bike.

Carry some of these cards in your car for righteous distribution:

Last edited by Armybrat; 05-27-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Sandwich Eater Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank Shaggy Gold Club Steel Shank's Avatar
    people that have to park as close as possible to the store are also the same $#@!asses who don't know how to park/don't care.

asshat Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Bill_11YearPlan's Avatar
    Unless the kid and parent have issues with depth perception, they should be able to avoid dinging the other car regardless of how it was parked. If she pulled into the space, she should have made sure she could get out of the vehicle. When my kids were younger, turning off the car was always accompanied by, "watch your door getting out!"

asshat Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus's Avatar
    It is the little girls fault. You do not, under any circumstance, door ding someone's car. Cladded Avalanche for the win.

asshat jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. jose_medina_de_jesus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaus View Post
    It is the little girls fault. You do not, under any circumstance, door ding someone's car. Cladded Avalanche for the win.
    I know who parks like an $#@!!

Mom's fault for putting the kid in that position, regardless of how the other car was parked.

It's always the door openers fault. Always. Other dude was an idiot though. How hard is it to fit in a single space?

There are exceptions though. My bank has crazy skinny parking spaces. If a bunch of them are available, I'm taking up one and a third of them. Then whoever parks two spaces over can also take up one and third and together we make two spaces out of three. If the parking lot is anywhere near full though, I park in the street.

I second the park-at-the-rear-whenever-possible plan. I want at least 3-4 empty spaces on either side of my car. I've seen too many dings in my life. Not worth the risk. I don't mind a bit a walk either. It can be very pleasant.

If an empty section is not available, I seek out the end-of-the-row spaces. That way I can put one side of my car all the way on the stripe and have max room between my car and the next car.

It's just like defensive driving. Defensive parking.

Bernard

asshat Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero is a rep whore. Superhero's Avatar
    It's the door opener's fault unless it was me.

During college, some dip$#@! parked 12" from my driver's door in the Hula Hut / Mozart's parking lot. They left a good 3' between their door and the car next to theirs. I had to go in through the passenger side and climb into the driver's seat. I accidentally opened my door several times into their passenger door before I left.

asshat Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian slams and goes hard. Xian's Avatar
    i try not to, but i do not feel bad if i hit someone's door who parks on the line or super close to my truck.

asshat CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. CO_Gator can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celery Man View Post
    It's the person opening the door's fault that the ding happened, but it's the person who parked the car like an $#@!'s fault for being an $#@! and who gives a $#@! if his door gets dinged.
    This is the correct answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    It's always the door openers fault. Always.
    this is like saying that a person who was driving 100 mph in a 40, is not at foualt when a tard pulls out in front of them from the macdonalds.

I know it is an exaggeration. but the point holds true

a jury gets to decide. didn't you learn anything from your thread about your own wreck OP?

Everyone is to blame. The driver who parked who parked askew is half to blame.

And the driver whose car was the "dinger" is to blame for not having the sense to realize the driver who parked askew must be a moron, they can't park so who can trust them to back out when they leave and not crumple the side of their car. Not to mention knowing a kid was in the passenger seat and might let the door hit the car next to it. Not having the sense to go find another parking spot, the "dinger" driver is also to blame.

It's always the door openers fault. Always. Other dude was an idiot though. How hard is it to fit in a single space?
    What if the "door opener" was there first, parked perfectly, sitting in their car, minding their own business, listening to Bernard call in to Jeff Ward's show to rant about the cops? Other driver parks too close, "door opener" opens their door, WHAM! Not so cut and dry, is it fella?

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt's Avatar
    anyone stupid enough to park too close to me is getting a nice surprise

Stripper's ATM NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper Shaggy Gold Club NeverMarryAStripper's Avatar
    If it flies, floats or fucks just rent it
    Anybody dings my new car with their door and I'm getting their license plate number. When I get home I'm going to look up where they live. That night I'm going to break into their house and $#@! on their chest while they sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverMarryAStripper View Post
    That night I'm going to...$#@! on their chest while they sleep.
    Just another night in the NMAS household!

* Try not to break a rib pinching off a loaf, though, eh NMAS!?!

asshat slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch's Avatar
    all parties involved should have been aborted.

asshat Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard. Not My Real Name slams and goes hard.
    Seems like a good spot to bring up this site: http://www.youparklikean$#@!.com/

Check out the gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by slorch View Post
    all parties involved should have been aborted.
    Cloak room trash stays in the cloak room. How the $#@! do you have green bars for rep?

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post

Check out the gallery.
    A lot of the pictures in that gallery have snow and ice in them. Snow is about the only situation where it's acceptable to not park well just because it can be nearly impossible to actually see the lines. There are plenty of cases of people parking $#@!ty every day to not have to fill up a gallery with "offenses" that were committed in the snow.

asshat Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck Shaggy Gold Club Bullneck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post

Check out the gallery.
    I haven't found the gallery yet, but this is pretty epic:

asshat MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan's Avatar
    Some dumbass parked his van 20 degrees off parallel next to me at Home Depot today before I could get out of the car. I could tell his wife was going to hit my door with hers, so I sat there and waited with my finger on the panic button. It was worth her doing it just to catch her doing it.

Its whoever parked second's fault. The lady with the kid should have seen the poorly parked car and gone to another spot. I constantly pass up spots so as to not ding the car beside me. Now if I'm parked and some dumb $#@! parks too close to me while I'm in the store they deserve what they have coming.

What if the "door opener" was there first, parked perfectly, sitting in their car, minding their own business, listening to Bernard call in to Jeff Ward's show to rant about the cops? Other driver parks too close, "door opener" opens their door, WHAM! Not so cut and dry, is it fella?
    Wrong. It's still the door openers fault. How hard is it to open you door nice and slowly as to avoid damage to other vehicle? If you damage someone's parked car it's your fault; pure and simple, no exceptions.

You may choose to live your life by a flexible code of ethics that justifies unacceptable words or actions on your part simply because another person violated common (or perhaps just your own) social mores. I don't. I live my life by my own rules that don't change based on the anti-social actions of others. Bad parking is bad parking, but it doesn't absolve me of my responsibility to use due care to avoid damage to another's car. If I ding someone's car, it's my fault.

Bernard

asshat Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    Bull$#@!.
    I had some $#@! in a brand new Hummer park so close to my Jeep, there was maybe 4-6inches between his car and mine.
    THIS much.....[__________________________________________________ ___].
    Damn near took off my mirror.
    I really tried to open my door.
    2- 3 times. Left him a nice reminder.
    Paid off, beat up ol' Jeep Cherokee for the win.
    Last edited by Snow Dog; 05-31-2011 at 01:18 PM.

asshat KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN's Avatar
    i've had the same issue both SuperHero and Snow Dog have had.

I purposely park far away for 3 reasons, 1. I drive a big truck and I know it can sometimes take up room in the small parking spaces. 2. im a big guy and I like to get in and out of my truck without having to be a contortionist. and the last reason is because the folks who normally park that far away from the entrance are as concerned about their car as I am about mine, so fewer issues and dings.

although I did come out one time to a jerk in a small open top BMW who had parked the car at least 6 inches over the yellow line on my side. - no other cars NEAR me- Completely blocking my door from even being cracked open. had to crawl in the passenger side. Got so pissed that I rolled down the window on the drivers side, openeded the driver door as hard as I could and slammed the top half of BMW door 2 or 3 times, and finally I accidentally dropped my half-full big gulp out the window into the passenger seat... ooops.
    Last edited by KC-97HORN; 05-31-2011 at 01:52 PM.

asshat UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006 is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. UTPhil2006's Avatar
    More importantly, who the hell files insurance on a door ding?

asshat Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_turkey View Post
    This is one of the reasons I don't mind parking farther out in the parking lot and walking 50 extra feet to get into wherever I'm going. My wife insists on getting as close as possible and her car has door dings to show for it.

I also don't understand people that park like jackasses. Are you too blind to see that your car is crooked? Are you too lazy to take 30 seconds to back up a little bit and pull in more even/straight? I saw a car the other day that was parked diagonal with about half of it in each space. I hope someone pushed a shopping cart into them.
    They just don't give a $#@! and usually have a POS car. However the ones that have a really nice car but park across two spaces to keep other way sometimes get keyed or have paint remover dumped on them or crazy glue in their key slot or Gorilla glue in between the door and the jam.................just saying.

Wrong. It's still the door openers fault. How hard is it to open you door nice and slowly as to avoid damage to other vehicle? If you damage someone's parked car it's your fault; pure and simple, no exceptions.

You may choose to live your life by a flexible code of ethics that justifies unacceptable words or actions on your part simply because another person violated common (or perhaps just your own) social mores. I don't. I live my life by my own rules that don't change based on the anti-social actions of others. Bad parking is bad parking, but it doesn't absolve me of my responsibility to use due care to avoid damage to another's car. If I ding someone's car, it's my fault.

Bernard
    I wanna party with you, cowboy.

asshat Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn is a rep whore. Tennesseehorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    I agree.

Park straight or ride a goddam bike.

Carry some of these cards in your car for righteous distribution:

I had a buddy who had these stickers that were bigger than a bumper sticker that had a pithy saying on it but when you put it on the windshield or over the side mirror and it could NOT be removed unless you busted your ass with a razor and fingernail polish remover. I saw him plaster a car who was parked by a $#@!head and you couldn't see out the driver's side. It was $#@!ing epic especially when we waited around and the guy (who really LOOKED like an $#@!) bitched, cussed and pranced around for over 15 minutes because he couldn't drive his car without sticking his head out of the window! "ALLSOME!"

Got so pissed that I rolled down the window on the drivers side, openeded the driver door as hard as I could and slammed the top half of BMW door 2 or 3 times, and finally I accidentally dropped my half-full big gulp out the window into the passenger seat... ooops.
    There is something seriously wrong with you.

Bernard

asshat MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan's Avatar
    Seriously. It's not like 'opened' is that hard to spell.

asshat Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus is a rep whore. Texaus's Avatar
    I agree that people who park that close are $#@!s. But to "leave someone a nice reminder" in the form of physical damage to their car door is a bitch move. You deserve to get you ass kicked for that kind of juvenile $#@!.

asshat Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks's Avatar
    I agree that people who park that close are $#@!s. But to "leave someone a nice reminder" in the form of physical damage to their car door is a bitch move. You deserve to get you ass kicked for that kind of juvenile $#@!.
    Pretty much, unless driver 1 parks so close to driver 2's car that 2 can't properly access driver side door. In that case driver 1 fully deserves having a screwdriver dragged down the length of their car.

asshat Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    You don't get it, do you?
    The people that do this are self-centered douchebags who just... don't... give a $#@! when they inconvenience others.
    They'll never change.They don't care. How could you NOT notice how $#@!ing close you are?
    I have extended roof racks on my Jeep, they stick out 2 ft. on either side of my roof line. They are noggin high, and lemme tell you, it hurts to bump into them.
    If I'm too close to another vehicle, and I know they are going to hit them, I will move.

Hey, I never said they were not self-centered douchebags--they are. I just think you take it too far by damaging the car. What if that self-centered douchebag just happens to be driving their sweet-old grandmas car to the store, maybe it was junior driving daddy's car to get some milk, etc. My point is you are also a self-centered douchebag if you damage that car.

asshat HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames's Avatar
    That's why you always leave your kid in the car.

asshat TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses TXSooner518 grows his own roses
    funny, I was going to drive a judge and clerk to go with me to Winstar from a Dallas hotel where we were having a seminar. Well, we get to my car and there is a huge SUV parked literally like 4 inches away from my driver door. My 3 year old wouldn't have been able to get in, not even close. We all get pissed, the judge is saying what a sonofabitch, what is wrong with people, etc. So I write a note for the person "Dear $#@!, thanks for parking 4 inches from my door. Luckily for you, I didn't key you, many would have. If you are incapable of parking correctly, park this SOB away from other cars. Thanks." I climb in through the passenger seat, and go to back out, and then am going to put it on their windshield. After I back out, the judge recognizes the SUV as her car. So I gave her the note.

asshat Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.
    people who get so worked up about "dings" need a swift kick to the crotch. self-absorbed douchebags. if you care that much about your status symbol, then park properly. if you park over the line, then you're in my personal space and you're subject to getting dinged.

if you don't want to play by the rules and park properly, why should i play by the rules and go out of my way to accommodate you by not dinging you? the rules are out the window when you park like you own the parking lot. which means i ain't playing by the rules either, and there's a chance you might get dinged. not necessarily on purpose, but hey, if i open my door normally and you parked in such a $#@!ed up way that i hit your car, so be it.

i hate $#@!ers who don't think the rules apply to them, but still apply to everybody else. kind of like the kid in the "KNOCKED THE $#@! OUT" video. you don't get to be a drunk jackass and hit people, and then expect them not to hit you back.

Couple years ago I came out of a home depot wondering why some dude was hanging around my car. Got closer and saw some moron parked askew next to me, but blocking the door of the other guy. We mused about idiot drivers for a few minutes, he saw I had the same disdain for moron drivers, so asked me if I would mind if he left a little present for the moron driver as he climbed in thru his passenger door.

I said "Nope, have at it"

So he proceeded to reach over and toss the contents of his makeshift spittoon in thru the moron drivers open moonroof.

Also once saw some dude take a shopping cart and toss it into the backseat of a convertable that parked a few inches from his driver door. A little extreme, but oh well.

asshat Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSooner518 View Post
    funny, I was going to drive a judge and clerk to go with me to Winstar from a Dallas hotel where we were having a seminar. Well, we get to my car and there is a huge SUV parked literally like 4 inches away from my driver door. My 3 year old wouldn't have been able to get in, not even close. We all get pissed, the judge is saying what a sonofabitch, what is wrong with people, etc. So I write a note for the person "Dear $#@!, thanks for parking 4 inches from my door. Luckily for you, I didn't key you, many would have. If you are incapable of parking correctly, park this SOB away from other cars. Thanks." I climb in through the passenger seat, and go to back out, and then am going to put it on their windshield. After I back out, the judge recognizes the SUV as her car. So I gave her the note.
    I know, I know, that could happen anywhere, but please tell me that this happened in OK. That is a great story regardless.

Lord Nivek Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek Shaggy Gold Club Nivek's Avatar
    It is the person's fault who opened the door. Sometimes you have to park like and idiot because the people around you parked like and idiot but left before you did.

I really don't get worked up about useless $#@! like this. If I have to go through the passenger door, so be it. It sucks. But people make mistakes. Maybe that person was pulling in when their kid decided to get up out of the car seat and $#@! all over the back seat?

Damaging another persons' car because you didn't like the way they parked is a bitch move. People like this must have have an inferiority complex.

Now $#@!s who refuse to walk the 10 feet to put the grocery cart in the lot cart return should be $#@!ing shot unless they are decrepit.

asshat KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN's Avatar
    aww snap, was that your Beemer there Bernard? Im sorry about the "accident", I mean door ding.

Maybe my post wasnt clear enough, what with the 2 whole paragraphs of information provided.

point 1: "I purposely park far away for 3 reasons...."

point 2: "....6 inches over the yellow line on my side. - no other cars NEAR me-"

So to rephrase, I parked out at the end of the lot, far away from cars with lots and lots of spaces. I come back to a scene that was only suitable for candid camera; a car parked over the yellow line, directly next to my very alone truck, no longer in its own parking space, with no way of being able to normally get into the truck.

There was no sudden rush on parking spots, I wasnt in the store for more than 45 minutes (I realize I didnt post that earlier) and the jerk in the BMW had their choice of about 15 other parking spots- including any of the 7 or 8 that were to the left of my truck. instead they decided to park in such a way that I was forced to deal with their complete disregard for common decency in a renegade fashion.

was it childish, sure, but then so is parking so close that no one can get into the car at all. If I do something similar to another person with my truck, I would expect them to teach me the same lesson.

+ Reply to Thread