+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Discount tire: TPMS rebuild kit - do i need it?

asshat lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan slams and goes hard. lazytexasfan's Avatar

Discount tire: TPMS rebuild kit - do i need it?

i need new tires on my 08 TL, so i plan on going to discount tire.

they have something called the TPMS rebuild kit for 30 bucks (7.50 x 4). is this needed or worth it? or is this just garbage that they are trying to sell to drive up their margins? does anyone know more about it? from what i understand, it's not the sensor itself, but i believe is the gasket instead.

it's only 30 bucks total, but i'm still wondering if it's really needed...

thanks!

-------

When replacing tires on a TPMS equipped vehicle, it is recommended to replace the components of the sensor that are susceptible to wear and corrosion from the elements. Our TPMS Rebuild Kits contain all the necessary components for replacement.
    Warning: Using standard valve stem parts in your TPMS Sensor will damage the sensor

asshat HornzUp is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HornzUp is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HornzUp is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HornzUp is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HornzUp is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HornzUp is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HornzUp's Avatar
    It is a waste. If your sensors aren't showing low pressure then you are ok. The only time you should worry about it is if you get an alarm on your dash saying your pressure is low and you manually check it and it shows it is ok. You can always take your tire off the wheel at that point and replace the sensor.

+ Reply to Thread